Friday, August 15, 2008

Updates... Again

Another non-Canadian trip update.

Today I wanted to bring Cappuccino to the vet as the lump (tumor or abscess) above his hipbone had doubled in size in just a few days, and it was worrying me immensely.

After photojourn class ended (10mins late with me trying to rush out but worrying that it would be rude to cut Shyam while speaking) and I immediately ran out to the bus stop. Or tried to run.

The bus was not early, but it deposited me at JP with what I thought was sufficient time. Note: the CCK vet opened from 12-3, it was already 1330+. I brisk walked / jogged home and immediately grabbed Cappu and his cage and ran out. Tried to stuff his cage into a bag but couldn't. At that, I went downstairs, but the cabs were few and full at that. Walked to the back of JP but the queue (omg the queue) was so long though about 10 minutes back it was empty. I was so frustrated I started walking circles around JP and the mrt station and panicking (being late) and perspiring more than a water fountain (bad description) and my feet started blistering (walking too much too fast) and worst of all, poor Cappu was panicking more than me and running around his tank and burying himself in bedding and jumping up and down and trying to dig himself out of a cage (that must have felt like a greenhouse).

I started panicking and my hair was all wet (it was disgusting) and I was breaking down and so was poor Cappu. I walked to the taxi stands here and there and by roadsides and there were so FEW CABS you'd think with the price increase there would be more cabs (maybe in orchard road yes) and I was so pissed and the queue was still so long (omg now i'm ranting in circles) and there was not even a single taxi to be found at the taxi stand!

In the end I gave up. I had no choice but to, I could only drop in as the slots were full and I could not make an appointment. If I did get a cab, I would reach in time for the vet to close.

This also makes me wonder why does the vet close at 3?!?!

I went home feeling depressed and disappointed. Cappu was at his wits' end too. I felt so useless, I couldn't even bring my hamster to see a vet, couldn't even find a cab.

Cappu was so frightened when I finally brought him home, not even treats could sooth him. Finally I just left him alone, and gave him some banana when he was feeling better.

I am such a terrible hamster mummy...

No comments: