Saturday, August 02, 2008

Canada, Transit and Flight

On the way to Canada, our flight transited at Shanghai, where we spent the better of eight hours (cheaper flight = longer transit) sleeping on benches. I felt too tired to care about looking homeless. Hey, homeless people can't afford trips to Canada anyway.

After a not very restful sleep due to Chinese children (I think I'm a racist oh goodness!) shrieking and jumping on seats like monkeys, we shook our tired selves awake and started searching for food.

And guess what we found!

DSC_9173

Ken te ji, otherwise known as ken tuc ky. We also spotted...

DSC_9175

which reminds me of Japan (for no particular reason) so I suppose I saw it there. (: Hail the shop which sells chewing gum!

Now, say hello to our meal at ken te ji.

DSC_9177

They have the weirdest offerings I've seen at KFCs all over the world! For example, a set does not come with whipped potato or coleslaw, it comes with a chicken wing and corn/mixed veggies in a cup! So, I ordered a burger which came with the above. And was thankful for the chicken wing cos the burger turned out to be a vegetable-flour patty (all together, UGH!). Luckily they actually ran out of the weird vegetable mix thing cos I got fries in exchange! (: yay.

Here's their menu.

DSC_9179

And here's sis, trying to take a photo of all of us. Sometimes my camera can't flatter people's looks.

DSC_9180

Here she is again.

DSC_9184

Here's a shot I really like, with all the lines and everything. Which somehow managed to get my sis and dad to try and imitate it.

DSC_9187

A strange plant seen at the airport. Must have took lots of work to make it look that way. While I was engrossed with photographing the plant, a Chinaman started examining the plant too, although he's probably seen tons of it. (:

DSC_9193

Some shots of the Shanghai airport.

DSC_9194

DSC_9196

Interesting architecture, huh?

Then, finally, it was boarding time! Couldn't wait.

Took this onboard the plane... I like the composition (:

DSC_9198

This wing with the sky reminds me of an advertisement. Fly China Eastern!

DSC_9205

Plane started playing this movie on rollerskate disco and a cute little girl started standing up and dancing! (:

DSC_9212

And that concludes the transit and flight to Canada.

Keep a look out for more updates to come!

No comments: