Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday, I saw the most beautiful thing I'd seen in a long time.

My heart stilled, for a moment.

A Leica CL in a perfect unmarred black coat stared back at me, making me long to run my fingers down its smooth body.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Its more beautiful than an M2 could be. I still think of it... (:

Anyway, got the slides yesterday. I'm glad to say that MY CL meters perfectly. I shall console myself with the knowledge that mine is working fantastic, even if it might not resemble a newborn baby.

Used Fuji Velvia 100F, the colours were stunning as usual. Sad to say, when I used Prince Hairy to digitise them (apologies in advance for lousy focus), he couldn't bring out the colours the way they really were!

Anyway, here's most of what was taken. Some photos were burnt out cos I opened the camera to look at the battery haha (:

First shot was the bitchy.

sis cut off
sis cut off by cherieamour on Zooomr

She doesn't like being in front of the camera - I guess many people conscious about their looks aren't.

I don't know what happened here (cos nothing is in focus haha!) but the blurred parts look nice to me (: We were waiting for Lily at Bugis MRT.

bugis mrt blur
bugis mrt blur by cherieamour on Zooomr

Then we went to eat steamboat!

lily at steamboat
lily at steamboat by cherieamour on Zooomr

Tada, Miss Lily and our uncooked food. V thin DOF as the lighting was bad and ISO was low... But I still love velvia (:

Burnt photo here. That's my bag... and a really cute cupcake I gave my student for Children's Day. I'm not used to the fact that RFs can't focus close-up.

bag at piano
bag at piano by cherieamour on Zooomr

On Saturday, went film shooting with YS (:

Here's the fella who escaped from jail (names evade me).
jackass
jackass by cherieamour on Zooomr

jackass 2
jackass 2 by cherieamour on Zooomr

I really liked the flower below (: And its blur because I didn't focus well on the slide.

flower on wall
flower on wall by cherieamour on Zooomr

I'd really love to go inside the vintage shops one day (:

jap vintage
jap vintage by cherieamour on Zooomr

I wonder if these kids were trying to colour code on that day. Thought it was something only couples would do.

girls at haji lane
girls at haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Wanted to take the guy inside the door, but it was dark inside. And he was dark-skinned, which didn't help.

red door
red door by cherieamour on Zooomr

I'm beginning to see my photos in a new light. Hurried photo-taking which resulted in lousy compositions. Disappointment. Perhaps, not used to the framing was a contributing reason too.

street shadows
street shadows by cherieamour on Zooomr

Hehe, check out the blue of his shirt! Is that velvia at work? :P The trolley thing is the exact colour I remembered though.

trolley ys haji lane
trolley ys haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Composition with chairs...
chairs man haji lane
chairs man haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

chairs car haji lane
chairs car haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Along the road

debris roadside haji lane
debris roadside haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

While I was taking this photo, YS took a photo of me, haha! Will upload that soon.
I have no idea what I thought when taking this. Its so random!
street angles
street angles by cherieamour on Zooomr

Pretty curtains
bead curtains haji lane
bead curtains haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Wanted to test bokeh here
bokeh haji lane
bokeh haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Burnt out, and overexposed. Bit of salvage done for colours here.

mosque
mosque by cherieamour on Zooomr

On the slides for this one, the orange and red lines were so saturated and fantastic. Here, not so much ):

construction
construction by cherieamour on Zooomr

A pretty yellow door (:

yello door
yello door by cherieamour on Zooomr

I'm beginning to wonder if the framelines in the CL are a bit wonky cos some shots are coming out differently from the compositions I did.

Litter

can
can by cherieamour on Zooomr

YS at Haji Lane. He looked very orange here - I doubt its velvia though - so I desaturated it a bit.
YS haji lane
YS haji lane by cherieamour on Zooomr

Ending with my bedtime companion, Hippoo.

hippoo
hippoo by cherieamour on Zooomr

Will be updating my other blog again. Remember to visit here!

**Reminder to self - stock up on more velvia.

No comments: