Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Longer

Today, I realised my profile wrote: proud owner of five hamsters... etc.

Then I removed Billy and Fatter from the list. And I realised I took away 'proud'.

Now its just:
Owner of three skinny syrian hamsters: one who has seizures, one who bit her very hard, and a hairy baby unrelated to the two brothers.

I'm no longer a proud owner of hamsters. I don't have a real bond with any of them... it's always been Billy only.

Cappu is always sleeping - and we don't have mutual trust. I fear him chomping me when he starts sniffing me intensely with his nose pressed to my skin like a vacuum cleaner sucks up dirt. His eyes start bulging and look crazed when he becomes a vacuum cleaner, which doesn't help either. And fears me too, runs (literally) and hides in his bedding when he sees humans coming, most of the time.

Cow bit me so hard, stuff that shouldn't have came out was coming out, end of story.

Little one is just an outsider still. He'll never be part of the family - the parents (both gone) or the children (two left).

I guess I'll have to try.

No comments: