Thursday, January 14, 2010

Couples

On the walk home, I noticed two couples, for they were very different in all possible ways.

One couple was from China; they both had the same short hairstyle, dorky centre parting and dorky dressing. They were about 40ish and looked married.

The other was a young Singaporean couple about my age. Dressed typically like teenagers, toned and lean in their tees and shorts. Most prolly dating.

Yet, the China couple which I assume has been together for many years, was happily holding hands all the way home in their dorkiness. They reminded me of couples which progress into old age still basking in their love for each other.

The Singaporean couple, on the other hand, was in a pretty sad state. The girl kept walking extremely close to the guy. Kept trying to grab his hand. Held his hand once, and he'd swing it away. Tried holding his arm, he'd fling it in the air immediately in some gesture. He didn't even bother trying to hold her hand at all! How one-sided. Honestly, I think their relationship is so in the dumps.

I'd much rather be part of a happy dorky couple than date a fit young guy who is more engrossed in himself than the other party. Sigh. I don't even know what's the moral of the story here.

But I need to solve that fungus in my Epson scanner problem asap.

No comments: