Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sapa, Vietnam

Sapa

Shot on Agfapan 400, developed in HC-110B.

This was the view from my homestay in Sapa. It wasn't exactly a homestay though given the term. I felt like I was in a cheap hostel in the countryside, contrary to my expectations of sleeping under the same roof as the locals, or even eating dinner at their table squatting on a tiny plastic stool.

Anyway, when I stuck my head out of the hut, the mountainous landscape was misty, and the clouds had completely blocked out the sun. I had always imagined taking a photo like this, photos I had always seen online, with the mountains having no texture but just forming layers in graduated shades against each other. It was a perfect opportunity (: And after development of the film, I was quite surprised to see the light falling into the valley. Whether it was the sun's rays breaking through the clouds, flare, or even a development problem, it sure worked!

No comments: