Friday, October 24, 2008

Woozy

Had a bit of a headache today, not sure if the migraines migrated back to my head after a long holiday...

Today was the meet-biz-journalists day, and as it was at 1830, decided to accompany J to her interview as she was a worrywart. (I'm sure she'll get the internship though!)

So, went along, and boy oh boy was it a small company, a bit shocking, especially when this girl in 'home clothes' - loose tee and super small shorts popped out of the office, which looked really... small. Did I mention it was small?

As it was small, there was no waiting area and so I headed down to Spinelli at a nearby building. And I am glad I did! Cos I rather liked the drink I had, Banana Spin. It was like banana + choc + coffee and the mingling tastes just did it for me (:

Finished my boring notes in the meantime.... and was deciding to call J when she called as her interview ended! Finally! So we rushed down to City Hall as I wanted to get my brows threaded. Which I regret, as I ended up with the slip-shot woman... and she did a really painful job too. Well, I'm glad though that J got the better woman as she would have gotten a bad experience and that wouldn't have been nice.

So... rushed down to the SRC where I coincidentally saw the other four classmates walking there - they all came from school. And we headed up where we found Thus. It was rather nice, found out some interesting stuff, met some interesting people - 4 of them. And had 2 Long Island Teas on my stomach (empty except for my Banana Spin) and got rather woozy. Adding to the tiredness, thought I would fall asleep on the table.

So anyway, Thus was happily drinking (pretty much too) and even suggested moving to the Yard to meet others. As I was gonna conk out I said no...

And was so tired I decided to take a cab home instead of eating dinner outside. Suspicious men staring at my camera also played a part in that.

So... I went home. Took a good look at my threaded brows... and after a good long moment of staring at them. I think their uneven, one's higher than the other, some parts are not mirroring each other... I hope its the wooziness from the booze. If not, I'm not going down there anymore, I certainly pluck better than that slip-shot lazy fella!!! Who threaded in 1/3 the time taken for J's.

PISSY DAY.

Oh yes, this morning was worse. After brek, I realised I didn't bring my phone. Was worried I wouldn't be able to get up to SRC or whatever or contact people so Dad drove me home. As I was late to meet Pearly I quickly ran out of the house after a long search for my phone which was not on my bed. Ran down into the car.... As I was putting my specs in the car as Dad drove off, I saw my shoes. Which turned out to be slippers, as I wore the wrong pair! Cursed out loud, Dad was pissed said he wasn't going to go back, stopped halfway and I ran all the way back. It was far, and omg I found out how unfit I was running there. Fortunately my shoes were still there (unlike my sister and dad's shoes which were both stolen) and quickly went back to the car. Then when I reached school... realised I shouldn't have worn jeans. But luckily my pair was fine under the dress code.

ZZZ. Typing all this out doesn't make me feel better, but hopefully I won't make the same mistakes again.

No comments: